Monday, May 30, 2016

Have you met Ellena?

Chapter Two...
The one with the birthday gift (2013)
So what do you do when it’s your friend’s birthday? You probably would go to a couple of shops and buy a simple jewelry or soft toy or something that makes no sense and probably of no use for a girl, why this because she finds this to be cute / amazing /lovely etc. But when you have a friend like Ellena, you can’t rely on these old methods you need to do something exciting, different, may be adventurous. A girl who is fearless and doesn’t care about what people conclude about her, what do you expect she would want?
So I am attending a java tutorial when the phone rings, “Hello! I know you may be busy currently, but I just require your 5 minutes. I am giving a treat this weekend since its my birthday and I am inviting you. Ayega na?”. It was bit weird and surprising that Ellena invited me since things weren’t pretty between us. Now I wonder and try to negotiate with myself deciding on what to present her with? I was searching for clues in java that one prefix in the book which give me an idea about what to present.
It’s sleeping time and you don’t listen to anyone regarding this matter, I get a text form Ms.P asking me whether I was attending the party? And would I be willing to contribute for the gift? Obviously Ms.P being the closest to Ellena, was the easy way out, but was it? Hmm…
Little did I know that thinking and finding the perfect gift for Ellena would be so easy :P. A “PHOTO FRAME” they said, okie a frame sounds good, manageable and probably economical. But no you can’t gift her a traditional photo frame, it should be big and bold that’s when Ms.Z pitched in and plan to get a photo printed on a canvas. Okie still it sounds alright, but do we have time and the resources? Pulling my hair out of my head was my condition while deciding which photo to select. On the other hand, it is a Sunday and you would naturally want to come home and relax, drink a juice from a supper, lay around in your pajamas and get ready for the party for the evening, except that the gift was not ready. Ms.Z shows up outside our tutorial center pre-decided with Ms.P, that they would head for getting the canvas ready. Should I accompany them? I don’t doubt even in my dreams about the capabilities of the two girls but would they succeed? Would they be able to manage everything on time, would my going effect?
Ms.Z, probably not my biggest fan, for coming along with the scorching heat of the Sun was adding fuel to Ms.Z’s behavior, without bargaining we got a store, to print the canvas. With half the battle won of printing, it was time to hop on the 'gyara number ki bus' and find a framing station. It seems so easy doesn’t it? Well maybe you should try it, because given the size of the frame we required none was available, and finally we three landed at the steps of a tini tiny shop which was ready to frame our efforts. The hike back to printing station, was fun and adding to that the time (22 mins approx.) required to print the canvas was the most hilarious and enjoyable time throughout the day we had!
That is how we got a gift which matched the perfect size and description for Ellena. Well for some souls who can’t be tamed with your vocabulary while describing them you have to think out of the box for them. Regarding Ms.Z and Ms.P well they were happy and satisfied until the time when we were supposed to make it for the party – Ms.Z & I. Wait for it, read it during the next chapter…….

No comments:

Post a Comment